April 5, 2010

Ryan and the Marathon.....

So I meant to post these pictures awhile back....but I guess I got busy and then kind of forgot....oops!  A couple of weekends ago R man decided to run his first marathon.  I left the apartment with plenty of time so I could snag a couple pictures of him crossing the finish line.  The place was packed but I patiently (well as patient as I get) waited for a spot along the front to open up and then held my ground for 45 + minutes with my camera ready.  Thankfully I was able to get some pictures....though I realize they are not the best.  At least it proves he did it and that I was there cheering him on! 

Lookin good.....

That is him closest to the finish line in the white shirt.

I should have taken a picture of me too.  I was so proud!  He finished in 3 hours and 30 minutes.  I thought it was an excellent time considering that is the farthest he had ever ran.  He was not as impressed with the time and has vowed to get it closer to 3 hours next time.  Oh and next time is in October....he has already signed up for the Marine Corp Marathon. 

I shall be prepared to throw some bows at the next one too!


No comments:

Post a Comment