April 19, 2010

Last Hurrah.....

Starting today I am back on my calorie counting diet so Ryan and I decided to hit the eating hard this weekend because we won't be able to for awhile. Friday was pizza (my favorite) and then Saturday we went to Annapolis to try this place I saw on Man vs. Food called Chick and Ruths Delly. We both ordered a milkshake and corn beef sandwiches. They were both super yummy but the shake was beyond amazing. I got the vanilla peanut butter cup and could probably have downed 10 more! I didn't take any pictures because the place was super crowded and I was on sensory overload….so basically I forgot. Oh and someone was doing this challenge they have where you eat a 1.5 pound sandwich and 6 pound milkshake in an hour. I didn't see it happening because they were upstairs but it was pure craziness. There were also a ton of midshipmen since we were near the Naval Academy in their Navy whites…..it made me wish Ryan wore his more often. One of his cousins is graduating in May so hopefully he will wear it to that. Gotta love a guy in uniform….especially the Navy one!

Anyway…on Sunday I woke up and made donuts with homemade icing. I had never made icing (yeah I don't know why) so I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out just as good as the stuff we buy. It was all super yummy. For a late lunch we went to a burger place I had been wanting to try at the National Harbor called Elevation Burger. We both got a burger and milkshake (yes I went on kind of a milkshake binge). I thought it was the best burger I had ever had but Ryan thought that Five Guys is better. We walked around the area a little and I took some pictures of this crazy guy thing that is coming out of the sand. It is actually really cool.



This was Ryan's burger....mine was a bit smaller!


So….now I don't get to eat like I have the past….well…..4 months. I will miss all the cupcakes, milkshakes, and tons of pizza. I will however slip a Dr. Pepper in every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment