October 15, 2009

Crazy Weekend....

This weekend was absolutely crazy. Saturday was taken up by solar house time. We got to the mall area around 11 and checked out some of the houses and of course UMR's (yeah I am not going to be writing MS&T anytime soon). I really enjoyed California's house. They had a greywater reclamation pond that I loved…ok so maybe it is just exciting for a ChemE. We were talking with one of the students and Ryan asked about the freeze/thaw cycle and she acted like she didn't know what that was. Finally she says that it doesn't freeze where the house is going to be located. Leave it to Ryan to stump them! Saturday night we had an alumni dinner which was really fun. It was nice to be around people from Missouri again. It made me feel more at home.

Picture of Team California (and pond!):



Sunday was race day. The race was called Backyard Burn and it was tough (from what I hear). The race is basically on a trail through streams and wobbly bridges. Ryan came in 10th for the males and 6th for the males under 29. Not too bad for there probably being around 350 men. While Ryan was running and sweating I was volunteering. I did check-in first and then moved on to the food station. The check-in was fine except it was super cold. My hands were freezing. The food station was hard because they had pizza and I love pizza. I would have loved to eat a ton of it….but I didn't. Each piece has about 300 calories and that is for just cheese. Overall everything went well and we were beat. The weekend was too short and too busy.



- ACK

No comments:

Post a Comment