June 1, 2010

What a crazy year......

This weekend was full of Springfield friends, DC friends, eating a lot of chocolate, and a little thing called our one year anniversary! R man and I decided to meet up with one of my best friends Beth and her family in Hershey, PA. We had a lot of fun and it was great seeing familiar faces. They are heading to DC today so we are going to get to hang out with all of them more this week. I am planning on introducing them to the to the amazing-ness that is Georgetown Cupcake sometime too.

While in Hershey we ate a lot and even got to make our own yankee doodle bar (that is why it says USA).  See how creative I am......ok not so much. 


Ryan decided he needed to eat his right away.  Of course his says Go Navy!

I may have also eaten two cupcakes (one of them is shown below…it is the York Peppermint Patty one) and bought two 1/2 lb Reese's cups that totally melted in the car :-(  Don't worry....we still ate it!




I took this picture for my dad...he loves these.

We also got to design our own candy bars.  You get to choose what you want in the candy bar and eventually you will even get to pick the type of chocolate you want.  They also let you design your own label and give you a fancy tin to take it home in. 

On Monday we got invited to paddle boat in the Potomac with some of our friends out here.  It was really hot and I will admit that I made Ryan do most of the paddling.  It was fun and it gave us a really good view of the Jefferson Memorial. 
Katherine and I ready to boat.  Oh and my huge glasses gave me a huge tan line!

Jefferson Memorial

Ryan trying to keep cool

Our friends in their paddle boat.

Washington Monument

All of these pictures are from my phone.  I should be posting the pictures from our camera soon. 

So we have officially been married for a year.  I have to say it has flown by.  I am looking forward to many more years!  I thought I would leave you with why I enjoy being married to this man (just to name a few):

He looks REALLY good dressed up!

He will eat anything, which comes in handy if one of my recipes flops.  No I didn't make that...KFC did.

He makes a great hand model for when I need my mom's opinion about something.

He will participate in almost anything I ask him to....even if that means wearing a hair net....

Or taking Flat Stanley all over DC.

Happy Anniversary RTK!

 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary guys! So excited for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your anniversary!!

    Oh, and that is the yummiest-looking cupcake I have ever seen :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete