February 12, 2010

Snowmageddon.....


The big new out here in my world is….snow and yes they were calling it the snowmageddon. We had a huge storm this past weekend. It dumped about 20" in Alexandria and 30" + in some other parts around here. The metro wasn't running at the above ground stations (which mine is) and we didn't want to drive. The result….I didn't make it to work on Monday. So Tuesday I went in and about half my office was there. I actually expected there to be less since there was a ton of snow. Tuesday night/ Wednesday during the day we got another 6". This again closed down the metro at my station and I didn't make it to work again on Wednesday. Thursday my lovely husband drove me to work to find 3 people in my office. It was very very quiet.

Here are some pictures I pulled off one of the local news stations website. These pretty much sum it up.



Yes this one is of a car.
(Pictures from HERE)


I would like to say that I am thankful for several things: garage parking, underground utilities, a husband who will drive me to work so I don't have to plow through snow, books, television, plenty of food, and a workout room in my apartment complex.

- ACK

No comments:

Post a Comment